Dr. Shinichi Suzuki: his life & work
Dr. Shinichi Suzuki, was born on October 17, 1898, in Nagoya, Japan: one of twelve children. His father, Masakichi Suzuki, was originally a maker of traditional Japanese string instruments but in 1880 he became interested in violins and by Suzuki's birth he had developed the first Japanese violin factory .... Read More
Studying music using the Suzuki Method can be one of the most rewarding things you will ever do with your child. The Suzuki Method allows you to take part in your child's learning experience to positively influence their education. This is a joyful but intense experience that can fundamentally change your relationship with your child .... Read More
Students old enough to study an instrument receive both an individual lesson and group class each week. This combination of private lessons and group classes lies at the heart of Dr. Suzuki's philosophy. Private lessons develop a student’s personal understanding. Group classes help students share their experiences with others in a fun and non-competitive environment .... Read More
the school mission
- provide a high standard of musical education using the philosophy and methodology of Dr. Shinichi Suzuki.
- enable our students to develop excellent musical skills in a nurturing environment.
- guide students of all ages to acquire a lifelong love and understanding of music.
- promote, in every student, the values of respect, personal confidence, discipline, teamwork, a strong work ethic and enriching family bonds.
- encourage our students to share their gifts with others via perfomances in the community.